The Contribution of the UNECE Water Regime to Multi-Level Co-operation and Cross-Sectoral Coherence in International Water Law
Study dates: 09/09/2013 - 08/09/2017
Ruby Moynihan’s PhD research in international and European environmental law focuses on enhancing coherence and institutional coordination between international water and biodiversity regimes at multi-governance levels especially in the context of transboundary water cooperation and hydro-diplomacy. Ruby also focuses on the contribution of regional approaches to international water law especially the role of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) water regime.
Previously Ruby worked as a Researcher in international and European environmental law at the Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research, Germany and at the UNESCO Centre for Water Law, Policy & Science, Scotland. Ruby has substantial project consultancy experience regarding legal issues on water, climate and ecosystem approaches in various transboundary river basins around the world. Ruby is also a member of the IUCN Commission on Environmental Law Specialist Group on water and wetlands, UK Society of Legal Scholars, and the European Environmental Law Forum (EELF).
To view Ruby's latest knowledge exchange outputs please click on relevant links below:
- The rising role of regional regimes: contributions and limitations of the UNECE water regime to environmental protection and cross-fertilization in international environmental law (Poster)
- The Contribution of UNECE Water Regimes to Transboundary Cooperation in the Danube River Basin (Book Chapter)
- The Role of Insitutional and Legal Constraints on River Water Quality Monitoring in Ukraine (Journal Article)
- The Rising Role of Regional Approaches in International Water Law: Lessons from the UNECE Water Regime and Himalayan Asia for Strengthening Transboundary Water Cooperation (Journal Article)
- The Contribution of the UNECE Water Regime to Environmental Protection of the Transboudary Waters in International Law (Poster)
- Water and Climate Change Adaptation in Basins: Lessons Learned and Good Practices (Contribution)
- Equity and Benefit Sharing in International Water Law: Reflections on the 2015 World Water Congress (Blog Entry)
- Joined-Up Thinking to Solve Global Water Problems (Panel Discussion)
- 'Ecosystem Approaches to Transboundary Water Cooperation: The Contribution of Regional Approaches' at the New Directions in International Water Law Symposium [UNESCO Centre Dundee] (Presentation)
- Transboundary Water Governance and Climate Change Adaptation (Report)