Dr Maricela Blair
Micro- and Nanoplastics in Wastewater Treatment Systems and Receiving Waters
Maricela is an interdisciplinary professional with degrees in Environmental Studies and Anthropology from St. Lawrence University in Canton, NY (B.A., 2004), Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, AR (MSc, 2007), and Freshwater Systems Science from the University of Glasgow (MSc, 2011). Currently, she is a PhD student in Geographical and Earth Sciences at the University of Glasgow. Her research aims at describing and modelling the behaviour of micro- and nanoplastics in rivers and wastewater systems.
Previously, Maricela worked as faculty in the Environmental Sciences programme at Zamorano Panamerican Agricultural School in Honduras, and later as Chief of the Scientific Research and Technological Development Unit for the Honduran Institute of Science, Technology, and Innovation in the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation. She has also served as Quality Control consultant for censuses and surveys for the National Institute of Statistics in Honduras and as a member of the coordinating committee for the Regional Partnership for the Development and Strengthening of Competencies and Capacities for the Management of Natural Resources/Environment in Central America. She has conducted research in environmental, soil and water sciences and taught courses in both the natural sciences and the humanities.
To view Maricela's latest knowledge exchange outputs please use the relevant links below:
- Micro-and Nanoplastic in Fresh-an Wastewater Systems (Poster)
- Microplastics Pollution in a Tertiary Sewage Treatment System (Poster)
- Micro-and Nanoplastics in Wastewater Treatment Systems and Receiving Waters (Poster)
- Micro-and Nanoplastics in Wastewater Treatment Systems and Receiving Waters (Presentation)
- Micro-and Nanoplastics in Wastewater Treatment Systems and Receiving Waters (Literature Review)
- Freshwater Sediment Microplastic From An Urban River in the West of Scotland (Poster)
- Micro- and Nanoplastic Pollution of Freshwater and Waste Water Treatment Systems (Paper)
- Micro- and nanoplastic in fresh- and wastewater systems (Poster)
- Microscopy and Elemental Analysis Characterisation of Microplastics in Sediment of a Freshwater Urban River in Scotland, UK (Paper)
- Average Daily Flow of Microplastics Through a Tertiary Wastewater Treatment Plant Over a Ten-Month Period (Paper)