Pharmaceutical occurrence, distribution and degradation in rural wastewaters and surface waters in Scotland
Following completion of her PhD, Lydia is now the co-ordinator for the One Health Breakthrough Partnership (OHBP), a group formed by NHS Highland, Scottish Water, the Scottish Environment Protection Agency, and the Environmental Research Institute-University of the Highlands and Islands. The OHBP is committed to reducing pharmaceutical pollution in the environment, a global public health and environmental issue, through active research, knowledge exchange, and cross-sector engagement. In this role, Lydia contributes to partnership activity and coordinates delivery of a Scottish Government funded project, which is supporting the OHBP develop sustainable solutions to reduce pharmaceutical pollution and address the environmental impact of healthcare practices.
Knowledge Exchange Outputs
- Degradation Behaviour of Diclofenac, Trimethoprim and Carbamazepine Under Controlled Environmental Conditions (poster)
- Assessment of the Degradation Pathway, Persistence and Eco-Toxicological Impacts of Pharmaceuticals and Degradation Products in the Aquatic Environment (poster)
- Investigating Pharmaceutical Distribution, Persistence and Degradation in Scottish Waters (presentation)
- Assessing Pharmaceutical Occurance, Persistence and Degradation in Scottish Waters (presentation)
- Investigating Water Quality and the Wastewater Treatment Cycle in Relation to Caithness General Hospital (Wick, Highlands) (presentation)
- Pharmaceutical and their Transformation Products in Hospital Wastewater and Conventional Wastewater Treatment Plants (extended abstract)
- Pharmaceuticals and Transformation Products in Hospital Wastewater and a Rural Conventional Wastewater Treatment Plant (presentation)
- Hospital emitted Pharmaceuticals in Urban Wastewater and WWTP Removal Efficiency (poster)
- Pharmaceuticals in a Rural Scottish Highland Wastewater Treatment Plant (poster)
- Assessing Hospital Impact on Pharmaceutical Levels in a Rural 'Source-to-Sink' Water System (paper)
- Pharmaceuticals in the water environment: baseline assessment and recommendations (Research Summary)
- Alliance for Water Stewardship, Caithness General Hospital – Case Study Report (2021).